do you need to talk to someone?

If you need to talk to someone about something that has happened to you online you should always speak to a trusted adult. Talking about a problem can often make you feel better and you shouldn't feel embarrassed, shy or ashamed. If you have been the victim of online grooming, or sexual abuse, there are people who can help.

It’s a good idea to talk to someone that you trust like a parent, carer, family member or teacher. 

If you would like to talk to someone in confidence you can contact;

Childline - You can call them free on 0800 1111 and this number won’t appear on a telephone bill. Available 24 hours a day.

For help and support you can contact any of the following organisations, or ask a trusted adult to do this for you:

Children's Social Work Services; 0113 222 4403

Basis - An independent Leeds-based organisation working with girls and young women against sexual exploitation. Their expert help and support is confidential and free.

Tel; 07710 304308


West Yorkshire Police have specially trained officers who understand, will listen to you and will help to make it stop. For Leeds the Safeguarding Unit number is: 0113 3859590

You can also contact the police in a non-emergency 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, by calling 101.

If someone has done something online that has made you or a child or young person you know, feel worried or unsafe then you can make a report to one of CEOP's experienced Child Protection Advisors. See the CEOP website for more information.

In an emergency where a crime is in progress, or there is a danger to life, always call 999.